The Shenmue III Kickstarter has already reached its funding goal.
For those not following the rapidly-funded campaign, the game has already broken the $2 million goal within only nine hours following its launch, during Sony’s E3 2015 press conference last night.
This means fans can expect Shenmue III on both PlayStation 4 and PC. However, there’s still an entire month left to fund the game, so the team working alongside visionary creator Yu Suzuki have revealed the following stretch goals:
- $2.5 million – Shenmue 1 and 2 cinema shorts
- $2.6 million – German subtitles
- $2.7 million – French subtitles
- $2.8 million – Spanish subtitles
- $2.9 million – Italian subtitles
- $3.2 million – Rapport system
- $3.5 million – Skill Tree system
- $4 million – Baisha Village expanded, mini-games x5
Shenmue III is expected to release in December 2017, providing there are no delays.