Metroid Prime: Federation Force is announced for the Nintendo 3DS.
The game was revealed at Nintendo’s E3 2015 press conference. In Metroid Prime: Federation Force, players can take part in four player cooperative play, in which you take on missions set within the Metroid Prime universe.
You can play locally, or online. After you don your mecha suit, you’ll work together to overcome bases overrun with baddies, and complete various objectives. After completing your mission, you can play with up to six players in Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, a 3v3 game that was revealed at the Nintendo World Championships.
Here’s the press release, via Nintendo:
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Join a four-player local or online squad in this co-operative sci-fi shooter set in the Metroid universe. Hop in a specialized battle Mech suit and work with your teammates to take down enemy forces and complete objectivebased missions. Then, take a break and play a fun, pick-up game of Blast Ball with fellow troops. Conquer co-op missions in the Metroid universe.
- Up to 4 players take on a variety of co-op missions in this first-person, sci-fi shooter set in the Metroid universe
- Work together as a team to clear out enemy-infested bases and complete objective-based mission
- Take on enemies with a blaster and special sub-weapons
- Aim using the Nintendo 3DS system’s gyroscope
- Join a pick-up game of Blast Ball, a 3-on-3 sci-fi sport in the Metroid universe where players shoot the ball into the opponent’s goal to score
Metroid Prime: Blast Ball
Join a pick-up game of Blast Ball, a 3-on-3 sci-fi sport in the Metroid universe. Players shoot the ball into the opponent’s goal to score. Throughout the match, players can gain a competitive edge by collecting and using a variety of individual power-ups. Shoot and score in this new sci-fi sport
- Blast Ball is a new 3-on-3 sport set in the Metroid universe; and is a mode within the Metroid Prime: Federation Force game
- Shoot the ball into the opponent’s goal to score; First to three goals wins the match
- Battle in sudden death overtime to settle a tie score
- Form and execute offensive and defensive strategies with your teammates to move the ball forward or defend against an attacking opponent
- Collect and use individual power-ups to temporarily create a barrier, move lightning-quick, or eject opposing players out of their Mech suit
- Aim using the Nintendo 3DS system’s motion sensing feature
- Get friends to join the match by sending the Blast Ball game for free to other Nintendo 3DS owners via Nintendo 3DS Download Play