Shovel Knight to Get Physical Release Across Playstation 4, Xbox One, and 3DS [UPDATE]

shovel knight 04-14-15-1

[UPDATE on April 15th, 2015]

Developer Yacht Club Games has refuted the listing, saying that while it would be great to make it possible, they’re “still looking into” it, and that the Best Buy listings “are just a mis-listing at this time.”

[ORIGINAL STORY]

We’ve learned (via r/PS4) that Shovel Knight is getting a physical release.

The upcoming retail edition of the game was listed on Best Buy, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and 3DS.

While this is unconfirmed for now, a release date of September 15th was also on the listing, for $29.99. The digital version has cost $15.

We’ll keep you guys posted.

1. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    April 14, 2015 at 11:02 am

Cool. Will be good for my 3DS collection

2. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    April 14, 2015 at 11:21 am

Hope Japan gets a retail release of the retail version, I can get more space by deleting demos but I don’t want too… >_>

3. MaidKillua
    MaidKillua
    April 14, 2015 at 11:36 am

I may actually bite now, I wanted to play this but I tried it out on PC and could barely run it, and don’t like using memory space for digital games on consoles since I don’t have cash to blow on games AND storage

4. Tromboner
    Tromboner
    April 14, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I wish the Wii U version was getting a physical release, but looks like I’ll be picking this up for 3DS.

5. Domhnall
    Domhnall
    April 14, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I was thinking that this would be kind of pointless, under the assumption that most people who were interested would already have played it, but judging by the comments here already I guess that’s not the case.

I do have to wonder why the price doubled, though. $5, sure, maybe even $10 at a stretch, but $15? Packaging can’t be THAT expensive. Although maybe this just seems worse to me than it actually is because of the game’s already low price. After all, a $45 digital/$60 physical doesn’t seem outlandish to me at all.

April 14, 2015 at 1:10 pm

That seems a bit too late. I’m a fan of physical releases, but I’m not willing to wait 6 months for them.

7. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    April 14, 2015 at 1:56 pm

You have to take into account that there a small indie company, its not like NIS that charged 20 for The Firefly Diaries; afterall there an established company in comparison.

8. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    April 14, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Uh hu and the Vita port is…

9. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    April 14, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Barely run it? Do you have something worse than a potato?

10. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    April 14, 2015 at 4:59 pm

I’m guessing that would be the RRP & you never pay the RRP (at least in the UK)

11. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    April 14, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Btw it seem Yacht Club Games has debunked this story. Though that could be so people buy the game now instead of waiting

12. MaidKillua
    MaidKillua
    April 14, 2015 at 5:09 pm

I do, i’d kill for potatoes

13. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    April 14, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I feel for you. Not too long ago I was running a barebones potato until I decided to build my own super mega ultra potato