Another year, another day of lies, misinformation, and pot shots taken at fans in the gaming industry.
We’ve compiled a list of all the April Fools’ Day jokes that we’ve found across the industry that are relevant to our usual coverage, which you can find below:
- BFME3.net – The Battle for Middle-earth III: The Battle of the Five Armies is revealed. However, a Whois confirms this is not an official Warner Bros. website.
- ConoHa Mikumo – ConoHa, the virtual private server company, is now developing video games with their first game, Mikumo Live! ConoHa Idol Festival. There’s even an online demo you can play, and it’s quite like Love Live! School Idol Festival.
- D3 Publisher – The company has revealed a TV program, Decoy Squadron Otorinja, which showcases the decoy deployments as seen in the Earth Defense Force.. as the main heroes.
- Daigo Umehara – The world champion fighting game player, Daigo Umehara, is retiring. What is he doing with his time now? Entering the world of being an accountant.
- Famitsu – The news outlet has confirmed Adobe Photoshop REAL. The software is made to let you edit things offline, in real life. There are two layers, a zoom tool, eraser, dropper, lasso, real spot correction, and more. Oh, and it has a Creative Cloud.
- Google Japan – Google Panda is revealed. You can ask Google Panda anything, and it will provide an answer. The three core features with Google Panda are: cuteness, mobility, and durability.
- Google Maps – You can now make any map a real game of Pac-Man.
- GMO – The “San’niku Watch” is revealed, and it’s essentially a parody of the watch from Yo-Kai Watch. Now, instead of summoning ghosts, you summon muscular which has the power to summon muscular men. You can also watch the “San’niku Taisou Daiichi” video, just like the “Youkai Taisou Daiichi” videos.
- Granblue Fantasy – The ladies from Granblue Fantasy have joined together to make an idol group. Their first single, “Kimi to Boku no Mirai,” is available today. The song was done by Nobuo Uematsu and Tsutomu Narita, with some extra help from Hidenori Maezawa. You can download the song here.
- Granzella – Granzella has put off their April Fools’ Day pranks because of “various reasons,” and the studio has apologized for this. However, they were able to roll out a video of their Granzella News Network, which is featuring a story regarding a flying man spotted outside of the Kanazawa Station.
- The Great Ace Attorney – Inu Gyakuten Saiban: Inuhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken is revealed. The new game is Ace Attorney, only the entire cast has been made into dogs. The actual title is a play on words, specifically The Great Ace Attorney‘s Japanese title, Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken. In this respect, “Inu” means dog. You can even find the official website updated with the new furry-filled game.
- Hatsune Miku – Mikudayo (the Good Smile Company version of Miku) is coming to Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade.
- The Idolmaster – 765 Production and 346 Production have merged companies, creating the most formidable production studio: 1111 Production.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution – The official website for the game is re-branded to The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Falcom Academy Evolution (Trails in the Sky Evolution is known as Sora no Kiseki Evolution in Japan). The game is also listed for a December 10th release in Japan, as opposed to its previously confirmed July 11th release.
- Nisio Isin – Shaft is launching Nisekoi Monogatari, a mash up between the Nisekoi and the Monogatari anime series, to celebrate their 40 year anniversary.
- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus – Murasame, Ikaruga’s older brother, returns as a playable character after his playable debut in Senran Kagura 2. He’s made his full transition into a Shinobi, and is now a woman. He doesn’t seem phased by this, and is voiced by the huge boob producer himself, Kenichiro Takaki.
- Rockman Unity – The Spring Roll-chan Festival 2015 is announced, and it kicks off – today!
- Romancing SaGa 2 – Square Enix has revealed a catastrophe for the world of Avalon, ants are attacking, and your goal is to save the world.
- Square Enix Japan – Tekken x Lord of Vermilion is revealed. The game features a staggering 765 playable characters, all of which are playable in full 3D battles.
- Taito – Taito has revealed the world’s tiniest game console, and it lets you play Groove Coaster Portable. With the hardware coming with the NESiCA MiNi, users can add more songs. Finally, with its overwhelming 999,801 yen (USD $8,332) price tag, you might want to avoid losing the hardware.
- Taito – The company has opened up a new spa, complete with its own arcade, in Japan. You can win bottles of shampoo and bars of soaps in the crane games, play hot water/music games, and even gamble while relaxing in a hot spring.
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late – Under Night In-Birtha Xnd: Cosign is announced. The game is a 3D fighter that looks so good it’s confused for a 2D animation. Look at its gorgeous visuals!
- YouTube User: Master – Dead or Alive 5: Hardcore is announced for both PS4 and Xbox One. The new version has three on three battles, a voice mode, a “Blockbuster” camera mode, new combos, and Dead or Alive 2 HD DLC.
You can find our 2014 April Fools’ Day roundup here. We’ll update this post with more April Fools’ Day jokes as we find them, so please check back later.