Konami is Hiring Devs with “Innovative Ideas” for a New Metal Gear

metal gear solid v the phantom pain 03-20-15-1

Hot off the heels of rumors swirling that Konami proper and Kojima Productions having major issues leading to the potential departure of Hideo Kojima and crew, we’ve learned that Konami is hiring for a totally new Metal Gear game.

job listing on the official Konami website is looking for new hires that possess a “rich imagination,” should be able to produce “innovative ideas” and must have a “strong passion” for making games, specifically an unannounced game in the Metal Gear series.

There’s a separate page on the Konami site that says the company has “resolved to embark on production of a new ‘Metal Gear’ series.”

Is Konami looking to hand the series off to a team without the series mastermind, Hideo Kojima? Only time will tell. We’ll keep you guys posted.

1. Phelan
    Phelan
    March 20, 2015 at 8:26 am

Ahahahaha nope.

Metal Gear Solid without Kojima is not Metal Gear Solid at all.

Just like Square is not Square without Sakaguchi.

2. Dammage
    Dammage
    March 20, 2015 at 8:41 am

inb4 it’s handed to 5 people in an eastern European basement.

Konami, you’re not gonna last much longer

3. UUDDLRLR BASTART
    UUDDLRLR BASTART
    March 20, 2015 at 8:54 am

Konami’s overseas outsourcing talent bleed has ended. They have now officially bled completely dry. Their now empty husk is not long to crumble.

4. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    March 20, 2015 at 9:01 am

R.I.P. Metal Gear… well since that’s pretty much all Konami does these days, R.I.P. Konami, good riddance.

5. Dewey Defeats Truman
    Dewey Defeats Truman
    March 20, 2015 at 9:04 am

This aughta be interesting. It raises a question, is it still Metal Gear if Kojima isn’t involved at all? I mean there’s been previous games where he wasn’t really there but I mean, he was still with Konami. People knew that even if he didn’t work on this one, he’d be there next time. But after MGS5 that’s not really gonna be the case anymore apparently.

6. Misogynerd
    Misogynerd
    March 20, 2015 at 9:11 am

Hopefully this will mean Snake’s revenge HD!
    (I always wanted remakes of the first 2 Metal Gear games with a plot that ties them more to the solid games, explores Big Boss’s villainy and Solid Snake’s relationship with him)

7. qchto
    qchto
    March 20, 2015 at 9:31 am

Don’t really know what to make out of this.. Honestly, I share the opinion that a MGS without Kojima intervention in some way is not a good MGS…
    That being said, if this means to give a Solid end to the main series (get it?) and makes spin-offs to get more attention, bring it..
    A Rising sequel would be very welcomed, and I’d take an Acid anytime.

8. JackDandy
    JackDandy
    March 20, 2015 at 9:34 am

Get ready for MgS

9. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    March 20, 2015 at 9:54 am

Of course they’re not abandoning the Metal Gear brand. What else does Konami have?

At least Kojima will be free to do his own thing now. I am immensely excited for MGSV, but my loyalty is to Kojima, not Konami, so this will be my last MGS title.

10. Neojames82
    Neojames82
    March 20, 2015 at 11:04 am

Yeah that is exactly what this smeels of. Because we all know how well Castlevania and Silent Hill went when they gave it to inexperienced western developers, right!?

Kojima’s not leaving for another nine months and they’re already hiring for his replacement. Oh well, milk that already dry cow, Konami. I’ll look forward to shitty MGS mobile games as well as a “gritty” reboot of the original Metal Gear Solid which will be devoid of any charm and fun and be filled with lots of unnecessary cursing and such.

11. Random Marine
    Random Marine
    March 20, 2015 at 12:47 pm

“Innovative ideas”…..
    I don’t like the sound of this,…….

12. Guest
    Guest
    March 20, 2015 at 1:12 pm

“All of our talent is gone now, so if you’re talented please come work at our company”. That’s not how talent works, Konami, you’re just going to end up with some pretentious asshole in charge of it.

13. Cobretti
    Cobretti
    March 20, 2015 at 3:15 pm

I sincerely hope they hand it over to Ninja Theory or someone as incompetent as them, and they proceed to treat the series with the same level of respect they had for DMC. I want to drink the tears of those people who told me it was ok, or that I was just pissed because of no white hair, when they have the same thing done to them. I wish for a new Metal Gear with the stealth of Lords of Shadow 2, and for press releases telling us that Snake is cheesy 80s shit and they know how to make him cool.

14. Thanatos2k
    Thanatos2k
    March 20, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Who would WANT to work for Konami though? Serious question.

15. Thanatos2k
    Thanatos2k
    March 20, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Announcing the director of the next Metal Gear Solid game…….Phil Fish!