Yacht Club Games have announced that they will be releasing the first of their stretch goal content for the classics-inspired action-adventure, Shovel Knight, soon.
In this adventure, subtitled Plague of Shadows, players will play as Plague Knight, an evil alchemist, who wants to concoct the Serum Supernus, the Ultimate Potion. In order to retrieve the ingredients, he has to defeat his former allies, the villainous knights of the Order of No Quarter.
Here’s the rest directly from the press release:
An adventure featuring a New Star: Plague Knight!
- See your favorite game from a new point of view! Play as the explosive trickster Plague Knight with new story and gameplay!
- Join Plague Knight on his quest to overthrow the Order of No Quarter! Become the ultimate alchemist… and maybe find some romance, too…
- Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight! Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way!
- Crafting Comes to Shovel Knight with the Alchemy System! Collect loot and use alchemy to craft equipment and power-ups
- Collect new recipes and reagents to become the master of disaster!
Remixed Game Content
- New objectives and enemies!
- Brand new areas and new paths through classic levels!
- New bosses!
- Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats!
Check out the rest of the Shovel Knight expansion’s screenshots below.
Shovel Knight is already available on Windows, Linux, and Mac PCs, and Nintendo’s 3DS and Wii U. The game will be coming to Playstation 4, Playstation 3, and the Vita on April 21.
In bonus news, a Shovel Knight plushie of the game’s protagonist, pictured above, is now available to pre-purchase.