We’ve gotten a look at Experience and Bandai Namco’s newly revealed dungeon RPG, Ray Gigant.
Featured above, you can view the debut trailer at the 2015-bound game on Playstation Vita. The game is described as a “story dungeon roleplaying game,” and you can find the official details below, courtesy of Bandai Namco:
In the near future, circa June 20XX, every city is overrun with giant monsters known only as Gigants. Each country fights the monsters with their own respective military forces, to no avail. In Tokyo, however, a boy named Ichiya Amakaze is able to defeat a Gigant himself.
His method of defeating the monster is using the technique “Yorigami.” Following his saving of the city, his powers get out of control and he loses consciousness. In the end, another young man hauls him off to a safety zone.
The story within Ray Gigant unfolds via three chapters from the perspective of the above three heroes.
- Ichiya Amakaze (voiced by Atsushi Abe)—15-year-old Japanese boy. Having grown up on the outskirts of the city in a common family, he’s had to learn to adjust to whatever life throws at him. Ichiya “awakened” during the destruction of Tokyo. (Quote: “What I’ve inherited is life. I can’t afford to lose!”)
- Kyle Griffin (Wataru Hatano)—An English boy of 17, Griffin may have been born into a well-to-do family, but he’s had his share of problems; his mother never really loved him. He has a high IQ. (Quote:”Sorry to say this, but becoming a martyr out of love for humanity is not something I intend to do.”)
- Nil Phineas (Yoshino Nanjo)—a 16-year-old girl of unknown nationality who is currently in training in order to learn to fight the Giganto Army. She is a simple girl who doesn’t know much about the world. Motivated by a pure sense of justice, she has vowed to protect the Karipu islands from Giganto. She is part of a rag-tag vigilante group. (Quote:”Father told me. Saving people is my mission.”)
Each chapter will have two comrades accompanying that chapter’s protagonist. These are the comrades of Ichiya Amakaze.
- Mana Isano (Rumi Okubo)—15-year-old Izano is Japanese, and commutes to a middle school in the Tokyo metropolitan area. She is Ichiya’s childhood friend, and knows just how to care for him. Most of her romantic efforts have gotten off to a bad start. (Quote: “I understand terrible things because I’m the same as them.”)
- Miwa Kazuomi (Takuya Eguchi)—A Japanese boy of 16, Miwa is a serious young man, and acts as Ichiya’s dependable partner. He at first had no intention of going along with Ichiya’s plans and opposed him. He is talented and tormented, but has become a good friend through and through. (Quote: “When I fought you, I felt that I had become a stronger man.”)
These are the primary antagonists in the game, the monsters that Ichiya and friends are tasked with fighting. Each of these monsters are designed after a kind of ancient god. Gigants can range in size, style, and even design.
Further details have not been announced, but we do know the game is coming some time this summer in Japan.