Following the launch of the Xbox One in mainland China, Sony has just announced their plans to release the PS4 and PS Vita in the country.
Both consoles are confirmed for a January 11th release, news confirmed during a press conference that Sony held in Shanghai. The systems will retail for 2,899 RMB ($468) while the PlayStation Vita is 1,299 ($210).
Sony did confirm various games for the platform, most notably King of Wushu (which is also coming to Xbox One), Mr. Pumpkin’s Adventure (featured above) which was showcased at IGF China, and finally One Tap Hero.
The following developers are confirmed to be developing games on both PS4 and PS Vita:
- BEIJING AURORA INTERACTIVE NETWORK TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- Beijing Chukong Technology Co. Ltd
- BEIJING LIANZHONG CO.,LTD
- Beijing Pixel Software Technology Joint-Stock Co.,Ltd
- Beijing S-Game Software Technology CO.,LTD
- Beijing SparkCube Co.,Ltd
- CIRCLE Entertainment LTD
- CottonGame Network Technology Co., Ltd. Shanghai
- Guang Zhou Net Ease Interactive Entertainment Co., Ltd
- Kami Neko Studio
- LinekongInteractiveCo., Ltd.
- Onipunks (Beijing) Software Ltd.
- Perfect World Entertainment Inc.
- Phoenix Publishing & Media, Inc.
- Quakegame Limited（PRC）
- Shanghai Giant Network Technology Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Kena Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Muhe Network Technology Co.,
- Shanghai The9 Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Youju Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shen Zhen Ao Le Yi Jie Computer Software Limited Corporation
- Suzhou Snail Digital Technology CO., Ltd
- TianJin YiLong Network Technology Co.Ltd.
- Westhouse Corporation Limited
- Ying Pei Digital Technology (Shanghai) Co., Limited
- Yushi Games Shanghai Co., LTD
We’ll keep you guys posted.