Today, during the “Tabata Active Time Report”, Final Fantasy XV had a video of roughly 15 minutes that was shown yesterday at the Paris Games Expo. Along with its gameplay came a bunch of information about various other Final Fantasy titles. Here’s the whole stream if you want to have a look:
If not, here are some noteworthy times to skip to:
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Gameplay – 19:20
- Final Fantasy XV Gameplay – 33:22
- Final Fantasy XV Tech Demo – 46:38
In the tech demo, the game really does look beautiful. The demo was running on a combination of Ebony and Luminous engines, dubbed the Luminous Engine 1.4. As it stands, the demo is planned to be released in March 2015 alongside Type-0 HD, and will run on Luminous 1.5. The engine will be improved until the game’s final release, which will run on Luminous 2.0—so it can only get better from here, right?
A lot is talked about during the presentation as a whole, so I’ve distilled it to bullet points for easy access. Here we go:
- FFXV Demo will be included with Type-0
- Gas Stations littered throughout the map allow players to relax, eat, and gather information
- The map is huge! The demo takes an hour to cross on foot, and isn’t even the full region. And the full region is only about a tenth of the map.
- All creatures can be fought, though aggro works differently for each.
- Time of day affects which monsters are roaming around—Matsunami suggests finding somewhere safe to rest.
- Airships and Magitek Armor make appearances in the game—and they will sometimes fight you.
- The engine at this point is said to surpass Advent Children‘s.
- The story should take ~40 hours to get through.
- If you buy Type-0 digitally, it will still come with the FFXV demo.
In addition to all of this, some news on Agito+ was mentioned. The Vita’s version has been pushed back indefinitely for now, leaving its January 15th Japanese release date behind, with technical problems being cited as the issue. As for the smartphone version in Japan, PVP is being added some time in January.