Fourteen years ago, Icewind Dale was released to the Windows PC to much fanfare and critical acclaim. Now, developer Beamdog has announced the wonderful news – they’re porting a complete, high definition version of the game to Steam and mobile devices.
The game is set within the Forgotten Realms portion of Dungeons & Dragons, and sees you partaking on an adventure to the Spine of the World mountains. Your goal – to stop the evil that has been scheming to destroy the world of Faerûn.
The enhanced edition of Icewind Dale comes with the following features:
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from over 30 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition includes both the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs.
Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition is coming to PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and phones sometime soon – although a release date was not confirmed.