Minecraft on mobile has been somewhat of a bite-sized version of the game in comparison to the console and PC versions, but typically in a bad way. One of the most sought after features for the mobile port is to have the procedurally generated worlds simply be … larger.
Now, with update 0.9.0, Mojang is finally giving iOS and Android users just that, only it seems that users will get possibly even more than what they asked for: infinite worlds. You read that right, according to the update list, the game is going to get that much bigger on mobile:
- Infinite worlds.
- New blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves. Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers.
- New mobs, including endermen and Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again.
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition is currently available for iOS and Android devices.