11 Bit Studios have confirmed that their award winning real-time-strategy meets tower defense game, Anomaly 2, is coming to Playstation 4.
The core gameplay is a mix of real-time-strategy and tower defense mechanics, and it definitely seems to have been a hit as the PC release saw mostly positive reviews. The sequel retains the core of the original game, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, while adding lots of new features.
Feast your eyes on the game’s Playstation 4 announcement trailer:
Check out the game’s official synopsis and features:
In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.
Anomaly 2 takes the RTS tower offense concept from Anomaly: Warzone Earth to a new level. The core elements of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – are spiced up by a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With over million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s upgraded and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
Anomaly 2 is set for a Spring release on PlayStation 4.