Rockstar Toronto has posted some job listings for what seems to be an ambitious project. The two listings are for:
Rockstar Toronto is looking for an animation programmer to help bring our worlds to life. We are looking for a talented engineer to help us in developing advanced character animation systems for large scale games
Work with our extensive core technology, large team of animators and strong gameplay team to push forward the quality levels and character our games are famous for.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- 2+ years of professional experience with at least one shipped game title
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra
- Good team communication skills
- Strong OO design understanding
- Passion for building cutting edge video game experiences
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other Science degree
- We’d like to hear from the industry’s most talented environment artists.
- You will be designing, building and texturing the world, have the technical knowledge to achieve great looking results and the skill to get the most from next-gen consoles.
- With your resume, please include links to your portfolio or provide examples of your work.
- Modelling, texturing and creating collision in 3D for game environments.
- Working closely with Programmers to ensure polygon counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participates in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seeks feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensures that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Game experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in one or more of the standard industry 3D packages essential. Knowledge of 3DS Max an advantage.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
So, what could this next-gen project be? Clearly it will be open world, but I’m hoping that it will be a new IP, although knowing Rockstar it’ll probably be Bully 2.