Publisher and developer PixelHeart as well as developer Picorinne Soft have announced Andro Dunos II, a sequel to the 1992 side-scrolling shoot ’em up Andro Dunos.
Andro Dunos II is launching sometime in 2021 across Switch, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, and even the Sega Dreamcast. Alongside the news of the sequel is that PixelHeart is also releasing a Sega Dreamcast port for the original Andro Dunos, which has only been available on the Japanese arcade NEO GEO MVS system.
Here’s a new trailer for the game:
Here’s a rundown on Andro Dunos II, via PixelHeart:
The sequel to the famous shoot’em up from Visco studio is coming to PixelHeart. It’s time to bring out your good old spaceship fighter in ANDRO DUNOS 2.
Once upon a time…
- Andro Dunos (アンドロデュノス, in japanese) is a side scrolling arcade game from shoot’em up category (Shmup).
- Developed by Visco and Distributed in 1992 by SNK ON Neo-Geo MVS and Neo-Geo AES.
- Licensed by PixelHeart since 2020.
- Flexible and efficient gameplay.
- Recover power ups by killing enemies.
- Music composed by Allister Brimble (Alien Breed, Body Blows, Project-X, Colonization, Driver or Superfrog).
Various editions for Andro Dunos II and the Sega Dreamcast port of Andro Dunos are all available over on the PixelHeart online store.