THQ Nordic has released a surprise update for Titan Quest in the form of an entirely new expansion, over 11 years since the game’s original release in 2006.
The new “Ragnarök” expansion is already released, and it adds a fifth act to the game of “unprecedented scope.” The new expansion includes many new and requested features like new weapon types, a 10th mastery for you to learn, and more.
Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the expansion. Here’s some initial screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the new expansion, via THQ Nordic:
At long last, Titan Quest continues its epic journey through the world of antiquity. A mysterious threat calls the heroes of Hades to the uncharted lands of northern Europe, where new enemies await and new powers and treasures are waiting to be found!
This new expansion to the acclaimed Anniversary Edition of Titan Quest adds a fifth act of unprecedented scope, along with many new and requested features including new weapon types and a 10th Mastery for your characters to learn
New story act with dozens of new quests
- Brave the realms of the Celts, the Northmen and the Asgardian gods in the largest act to date
- Revisit the other acts to find new items and secrets
New 10th Mastery
- Become a Runemaster, a magical warrior fighting with both, spells and weapons
- Combine newly learned with existing masteries for a total of 45 combinations
New experience curve
- Reach level 85 and maximize your character’s potential
New weapons and gear
- Find new and powerful gear, from colorful Celtic shields to famous weapons of Germanic legend.
- New relics and charms for crafting, and a new option to improve even legendary items.
- New thrown weapons strike the balance between range and speed!
New Enemies and bosses
- From the denizens of Germany’s dark forests to the forces of Asgard itself.
Improved character customization
- A wider variety of regional styles and color dyes
- Finally: wear pants!
Technical and QOL improvements
- New shaders and graphical effects
- Improved ragdoll physics
- Improved UI and combat feedback for total information
- Improved control customization
- Improved modding tools