Nicalis has confirmed that 1001 Spikes is going to launch on PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and Steam on June 3rd.
The game will cost $14.99 dollars, and it will be cross buy enabled on Playstation platforms, meaning if you buy it once you get it across both PS4 and Vita. If you bought Cave Story or Night Sky on Steam, you’re eligible for a 5$ loyalty discount.
You can find the game’s official synopsis and features below:
Discover the lost treasures of Ukampa in South America as Aban Hawkins searches for his estranged father, world-famous archaeologist Jim Hawkins. Before the elder Hawkins mysteriously disappeared, he entrusted his daughter Tina with a map to the location of the ruins with a grave warning that death awaits around every corner.
Aban Hawkins races into the frozen tundra of the antarctic, undiscovered temple ruins, and the vast caverns of South America in search of his father and the legendary treasure rumored to lie behind the Golden Door of Poko-Mum.
- Tough-as-nails difficulty
- Pixel-perfect, razor-sharp controls
- Clever-yet-insidious game design
- Single and simultaneous 2-4 player co-op and vs. multiplayer!
- 8-bit inspired visuals with current gen flare
- Soundtrack by Chiptune masters, Rushjet1 and Misoka
- Nearly two dozen unlockable characters with different abilities, including superstars Curly Brace, Commander Video, Juni and Nyx
- Over 100 stages to clear
- Multiple endings
1001 Spikes is also coming to Wii U, 3DS, and Xbox One. However, those versions haven’t gotten a release date – we’ll keep you guys posted.