Sony Interactive Entertainment and Housemarque have shared an extended gameplay video for Matterfall.
Featured above, the eight-minute long gameplay video has senior level designer Jari Hokkanen talking up the new platformer / bullet-hell hybrid.
The game is set within a “massively vertical” futuristic city that is swarmed with a strange and deadly force known as “Matter.”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
MatterFall… Use extreme agility and high powered weapons to blast enemies and make-orbreak the world itself.
From Housemarque OY, the creators of Resogun, Super Stardust: Delta, Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD, and XDEV Studio Europe comes MatterFall, a new fast paced and high tech, retro inspired action game, developed exclusively for the PlayStation 4.
- Survive a unique combination of platforming and bullet hell action within a massively vertical futuristic city that is being overrun by the mysterious “Smart Matter”.
- Manipulate “Smart Matter” to turn the environment to your advantage.
- Master extreme aerial agility, sliding, leaping, and blasting to take down hordes of enemies.
- Experiment with augmented weapons as you explore landmark locations known as the Domed City, Alien Ruins and The Space Elevator.
- Engage in local co-op and competitive gameplay modes, comparing kills, scores and statistics against other players.
Matterfall is launching for PlayStation 4 on August 15th.