Gearbox Publishing and developer Norsfell Games have announced Tribes of Midgard launches July 27.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Tribes of Midgard is an upcoming game in which players will have to thrive in the wilderness and become a Viking legend in order to defend their village against enemy forces during Ragnarök.
Set in a world full of dark creatures, hidden gods and abundant materials to be uncovered, play together as a Viking clan living in a village that harbours the Seed of Yggdrasil; a tree that holds the promise of everlasting life.
Explore the wilderness to craft new weapons and be prepared to protect the delicate tree of your village from the grim shadows that prey upon its power. All the while, giants stalk ever closer to your village, seeking to destroy Midgard and fulfill the prophecy of the end of the world.
Inspired by Norse mythology and winner of the 2017 Ubisoft Indie Series, Tribes of Midgard is in development by Norsfell games and published by Gearbox Publishing.
- Up to 10 Player Co-Op – Form a tribe, from 1 to 10 players, and thrive together as long as you can.
- Explore Midgard – Discover ancient relics, meet wandering merchants, and face treacherous enemy camps.
- Craft Legendary Equipment – Use your gathered materials to forge new equipment and reinforce your village.
- Defend Your Home At Night – Work together to stop the legions of Hel from invading your village at nightfall.
- Build Anywhere – Build structures to reach cliffs, cross rivers, and create entire base layouts to protect your village.
- Fight Together In The Wild – Face a variety of enemies while exploring the world and loot them for rewards.
- Stop The Giants To Prevent Ragnarök – Engage menacing Giants and defeat them before they destroy the Seed of Yggdrasil.