Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Flying Wild Hog shared a new Trek to Yomi story trailer, showing off more of the monochromatic action game.
The new trailer also confirms the game’s Japanese voice cast, which includes:
- Hiroki – voiced by Masayuki Katou
- Aiko – voiced by Sarah Emi Bridcutt
- Sanjuro – voiced by Hiroshi Shirokuma
- Sadatame – voiced by Hiroki Goto
- Kagerou – voiced by Akio Otsuka
Here’s the new Trek to Yomi story trailer:
In case you missed it – you can find the previous gameplay trailer for the game here.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
As a vow to his dying Master, the young swordsman Hiroki is sworn to protect his town and the people he loves against all threats. Faced with tragedy and bound to duty, the lone samurai must voyage beyond life and death to confront himself and decide his path forward.
- Cinematic Presentation – Breathtaking camera angles and striking visuals in the spirit of classic samurai film create a true cinematic experience in Trek to Yomi.
- Stylish Combat – Engage vicious swordsmen and supernatural beings with a streamlined combat system based around the traditional weapons of the samurai.
- Mythic Storytelling – Experience an enthralling story of Hiroki during his fall against the forces of evil and heroic return to make good on his failed promise to save the people he swore to protect.
- Thrilling Soundtrack – The thrilling action and somber moments are set against a memorable score designed to feel authentic to the time and place of feudal Japan.
Trek to Yomi launches 2022 on Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S, including Game Pass.