For all the Robert Eggers diehards out there some delightful news arrived today – his twisted 2019 thriller The Lighthouse is getting a 4K release.
The new 4K remaster for The Lighthouse is based on an all-new HDR master and comes in both 4K and a regular non-4K old blu-ray, exclusively via A24’s online store.
The reasoning behind the non-4K blu-ray release is for those unwashed heathens that don’t want a 4K release but still want all that glorious Collector’s Edition swag.
Here’s a closer look at the big swanky Collector’s Edition and its contents:
A disc release featuring original artwork by Tobias Kaspar and a 64-page interior booklet, the printed discpack comes enclosed in an embossed wave-textured slipcase.
Disc extras include:
- Director’s Commentary with Robert Eggers
- Exclusive mini documentary on composer Mark Korven
- Costume walkthrough and interview with costume designer Linda Muir
- 2019 making-of featurette
- Deleted scenes
Book contents include:
- Storyboard excerpts by David Cullen
- Production design drawings by Craig Lathrop
- BTS photography by Eric Chakeen
- Bib-front shirt pattern made by Marvin Schlichting to Linda Muir’s design
A reminder this is the very first time The Lighthouse is being release in 4K – sometimes more boutique films like this get limited prints for a 4K remastering so supplies may be limited.