SNK Corporation has announced the latest DLC characters for The King of Fighters XV season 2.
The next fighter, Shingo Yabuki, is launching on January 17th alongside a balancing update. Here’s the new content release schedule:
Following this, previously announced DLC fighter Kim Kaphwan will launch in spring, and newly announced characters Sylvie Paula Paula and Najd will launch sometime this summer.
Lastly, SNK teased two more yet to be announced fighters are coming in fall 2023.
Here’s a rundown on the base game, plus a new trailer for Shingo:
The King of Fighters XV
SHATTER ALL EXPECTATIONS The new “XV” that transcends everything!
Since its debut in 1994, the KOF fighting game series has been driving the world to the excitement with its appealing characters and unique game system. Six years have passed since the last title in the series, and now KOF XV surpasses all of its predecessors in terms of graphics, systems, and online experience!
- A total of 39 characters are participating! Classic popular characters, revived characters, new characters, and more! The most epic dream match in KOF history is about to begin!
- KOF’s story reaches its climax! The latest KOF Saga continues from the previous title in Story Mode. This time, the story is coming to an explosive climax!
- The culmination of the series’ battle system Inheriting the series’ traditional 3-on-3 team battle, KOF XV also features a new system. Enjoy an unprecedented sense of speed and freshness!
- Easy and versatile online play Rollback netcode has been adopted to reduce lag in online matches. There are also a variety of battle options that allow you to choose how you want to play!
- KOF is fully packed with content to enjoy Includes a Gallery with movies and voices, and a new DJ STATION with over 300 popular songs from the KOF series and more.
The King of Fighters XV is available now on Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. We also have a review for the game here as well.