Annapurna Interactive have announced the release date of musical sci-fi psychedelic adventure The Artful Escape.
The Artful Escape launches September 9th on Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. The game will also be available on Xbox Game Pass on launch.
Developed by Beethoven and Dinosaur, the game is focused on Francis Vendetti; nephew of legendary folk musician Johnson Vendetti. Taking up the guitar himself, Francis feels the pressure of living up to his Uncle’s legacy ahead of his first public performance.
Seeking out a new stage persona, Francis goes on a psychedelic adventure across the weird and wonderful Cosmic Extraordinary. Travel the cosmos, as the worlds are shaped by your music.
You can find the release date trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
On the eve of his first performance, Francis Vendetti struggles with the legacy of a dead folk legend and the cosmic wanderings of his own imagination.
In an attempt to escape the musical legacy of his uncle, a teenage guitar prodigy embarks on a psychedelic journey to inspire his new stage persona, searching for who he isn’t in an adventure spanning stolen opera houses, melodic alien landscapes, and the impossible depths of the Cosmic Extraordinary.
Starring voice performances by Michael Johnston, Caroline Kinley, Lena Headey, Jason Schwartzman, Mark Strong, and Carl Weathers.
* A story about great expectations, towering legacies, aliens, folk music, guitar solos, making stuff up, and living your dreams like memories.
* Musical jams. They’re visceral. They traverse dimensions.
* Craft your own stage persona from the sci-fi beginnings of your backstory to the trim on your moonboots.
* Converse, consult and chill with all manner of beings: disenchanted publicans, nostalgic villagers, lumbering alien wildlife, and reality-defying behemoths.
* Shred, soar and dance across the multiverse. Traverse landscapes made of sound — composed by your movement — as if the world itself were an instrument.