THQ Nordic and Germany-based developer King Art Games have announced the release date for The Dwarves.
The fantasy-based, tactical-RPG hybrid will launch across PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One via both digital and retail storefronts on December 1st.
The Dwarves is based on the acclaimed fantasy novel of the same name by Markus Heitz (I highly recommend the series). Featured above, you can view the latest trailer for the game, which highlights its story, main characters, combat, and more.
It features 15 playable heroes all with their own individual skills and playstyles. As you progress through the game’s story, you’ll encounter numerous creatures like orcs, ogres, älfs, bögnilim, zombies, dark mages and more.
Here are the game’s key features:
- TACTICAL REAL-TIME BATTLES: In the battles your few heroes will often fight against hundreds of enemies simultaneously. “Helm’s Deep” sends its regards!
- COMPELLING STORY: The protagonist in the game is the dwarf Tungdil who grew up around humans. His knowledge about dwarves is limited to what he read in books. His epic journey through “Girdlegard” forms the story of the game.
- CROWD COMBAT: The dwarves‘ enemies have a flocking behavior and react physically correct: If a dwarf lands a mighty blow with a heavy war hammer, struck orcs are thrown back, and some of them might even be pushed into an abyss!
- DISCOVER THE WORLD: Trigger different events, for example side quests, dialogs with NPCs, or dialogs between party members.
- EXPLORE THE WORLD MAP: There are enemy groups moving around the world map. It’s up to you whether you want to avoid orc armies or confront them as soon as possible. Of course, an early confrontation also means a more difficult fight…