Sega shared a new overview trailer for Sonic Origins ahead of its release this month, showcasing its classic lineup of Sonic games.
Here’s the new overview trailer:
(Editor’s Note: from 1:08 to 3:00)
Here’s a rundown on the collection:
In Sonic Origins, players will join Sonic, Tails and Knuckles to race at lightning speeds across remastered versions of iconic levels like the Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone, for a classic supersonic experience modernized for current generation platforms. Players can switch between the Classic or Anniversary Modes to spin through loop-de-loops and score rings on a mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Eggman. With Sonic Origins, Sonic fans new and returning can celebrate the classic Sonic games that built the legendary franchise into what it is today. With new remastered visuals, characters, game modes, game zones and more, Sonic Origins brings the best of the original Sonic titles to the modern day.
- Classic Mode
- Go old school with the Classic Mode and experience the multi-game collection of legacy Sonic games in their retro form with classic challenges. This mode features the original game presentation and will play in the classic finite live and game over style.
- Anniversary Mode
- The Anniversary Mode provides a full screen display and offers players an infinite number of lives to keep the fun going without any game overs.
- Missions, Medallions and Museum
- Put your skills to the test and earn medallions by competing for various missions throughout the games. Players can spend medallions to unlock new content from the vault, try the Special Stage and more.
- Better Than Ever
- Reset, reloaded and remastered — Sonic Origins is playable on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems and PC with an all-new visual presentation, animation and enhancements for the current generation. Experience the excitement as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.