Severed Steel launches September 17 for PC, publisher Digerati and developer Greylock Studio have announced at Gamescom 2021.
When Severed Steel launches September 17, it’ll be available for PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and other digital storefronts. The previously announced Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are launching sometime later in 2021 alongside newly confirmed Xbox Series X|S and PS5 versions.
There’s a playable demo for the game on PC via Steam, which got a recent update to add a new campaign level, improved player movement, and other changes based on player feedback from the previous closed beta.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A Unique Fighter – Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands.
- Stylish Combat – Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights.
- Fully Destructible Environment – Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon.
- Dynamic AI – No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI.
- Accessibility – A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
- Level Editor (with Steam Workshop support) – Build levels and share them with the community. Note: This feature is in beta and will continue to be updated post-launch