Nacon have released a new gameplay trailer for Abrakam Entertainment’s upcoming deckbuilding roguelite, Roguebook.
Roguebook is a deckbuilding roguelite set in the same universe as Abrakam’s earlier digital card game, Faeria. Explore procedurally generated hex-based maps with a two-character party with their own unique starting decks and relics. Upgrade your deck with new cards and powerful relics to help you fight monsters in card-based tactical battles.
The new gameplay trailer shows combat in action, and how the right combination of allies can make or break a team. Will you pick defense, offence, mystic magic, or blind fury? Watch your foes, and keep in mind what card you play will affect who takes the brunt of their attacks.
You can find the new trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The ancients speak of a Book written since time immemorial containing all the world’s legends. After many fabulous adventures, recounted in Faeria – Chronicles of Gagana, this relic was lost in a well of Faeria. Through contact with this source of magic, the Book developed a wicked free will of its own and became the Roguebook!
You are trapped in the Book of Lore of Faeria, and each page represents a new challenge. Lead your two heroes to victory in this roguelike deckbuilder developed in partnership with Richard Garfield, creator of Magic: The Gathering™. Put together the best synergies between cards, relics and abilities, and take on the Roguebook.
- 6 hero pairs – Choose 2 heroes to start a game. Each hero has a collection of over 50 cards, a personal relic and a unique skill tree.
- Maximise synergies – The hero at the front protects the hero at the back. Switch the positions of your heroes and combine their strengths to unleash powerful combos.
- Strategic battles – Skilfully anticipate and queue up your actions to defeat over 40 bosses and enemies.
BUILD YOUR DECK AS YOU PLAY
- Dynamic deckbuilding – Over 200 cards to cleverly assemble as the game progresses. You will never play with the same deck twice.
- Relics with unique powers – Upgrade your cards with 30 special gems. Collect 80 relics with extraordinary effects.
- More cards, more power! – Each hero has a unique skill tree to unlock. Collect cards and select the best skills!
EXPLORE A WORLD THAT CHANGES WITH EACH NEW BRUSHSTROKE
- The Book changes each time you open it – The map along with its mysteries and dangers are procedurally generated for a brand-new challenge every time.
- Paint the world – The Roguebook’s pages are composed of hexagonal tiles. Use magic inks that reveal different patterns to fully explore each page.
- A range of encounters – Merchants, travellers, ruins, quests, etc. Lots of chances to obtain cards and relics… or to fall into a trap!
EACH RUN COUNTS IN THE QUEST TO DEFEAT THE ROGUEBOOK
- Hours and hours of fun – 20 hours on average to beat the game, hundreds of hours to unlock everything.
- Progress at your own pace – Collect pages and use them to buy upgrades. Level up your heroes to unlock new cards.
- 20 difficulty levels – Defeat the final boss to unlock the Epilogue level. Each level grants access to new relics, gems and encounters, but also spawns tougher enemies.
Roguebook launches June 17th for Windows PC (via Steam), and coming soon to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. In case you missed it, you can find our preview here.