Gaming Minds Studios have released the new Australian-themed Down Under DLC pack for Railway Empire.
This new DLC pack is set in Australia between 1830 and 1930, and tasks players with connecting the remote settlements of the Outback. The DLC includes a new map of Australia with 52 cities and settlements to connect, as well as 3 new tradeable goods to ship, 3 new historic locomotives, and new music.
You can find the Down Under DLC trailer below.
The Down Under DLC costs $7.99 and is available on all platforms.
You can find a rundown of the new content (via Steam) below:
- New scenario: “Pioneering spirit” (1830-1930)
- Map expansion: “Down Under” (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 3 new historical engines: Heisler (0-8-0), C30 (4-6-0) and Class S (4-6-2)
- New tradeable goods (eg. seafood, Rail-O-Mite and canned beer) and 52 new cities to discover
- New music tracks, reworked city buildings and unique mission structures (eg. Sydney Harbour Bridge)
- New Settlement feature unique to the “Down Under” map: on pre-determined locations, players can now establish new cities and this way arrange the economic system to their liking
During the first half of the 19th Century, the colonial territories of Australia are sparsely populated and consist primarily of coastal cities and a few smaller farming settlements in the remote outback. However, a series of events is set to spark an industrial revolution, one that will usher in an era of change for Australia and secure a lucrative future. In the Railway Empire “Down Under” DLC, it is up to you to tame the unforgiving outback and expand your railway network across its wild terrain and beyond. Your railway will ultimately be the key to laying the foundations for flourishing cities and to connecting remote mining settlements to coastal metropolises. Are you ready to face the sun-scorched landscape of Australia’s Red Centre?