Digerati have announced Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition, a remastered version of Brainwash Gang’s bizarre action-platformer roguelite from 2017.
The original Nongunz has been removed from purchase for some time, as developer Brainwash Gang explains in the above announcement.
The game’s publisher at the time, Sindiecate, disappeared. This put Nongunz and its developer in an awkward position. The game has since been picked up by Digerati, who will be publishing this new remastered edition.
As with the original, Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition blends a challenging action-roguelite with a strange idle game-like meta-progression system. This metagame involves players building a death cult, and upgrades in this mode depend on your performance in the action-roguelite.
Some highlights of this remastered edition include an arena survival mode, and local co-op. You can find the announcement trailer below.
Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition will have a demo available during the upcoming Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition, and players can sign up for beta access as well.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Rebuilt and Expanded
Completely rebuilt from the ground up, Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition is a remastered version of the original, featuring two all-new modes: Arena and Local Co-op!
Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition is a nihilistic action platformer combining hectic shootouts with the management of a mysterious idle game.
Each run will have you parting from a black and white graveyard into an ever-changing gothic dungeon full of nightmares fleshed out of human viscera. Surviving this distraught roguelike will not only require skill but style, since Nongunz rewards you for long-lasting combos and challenges… moreover, score will play a key role in the progress of the idle game: the formation of your very own band of lost souls and death cultists.
As the world of Nongunz evolves, meet special characters that will inhabit your graveyard: praying cultists, self-scourging martyrs, somber gravediggers… which will either help widen your killing skills or improve the performance of the insidious idle game built around the graveyard.
- Unforgiving gameplay that will challenge both your skill and your wits.
- The whole game is a riddle. Unveil the mystery behind the nihilistic universe of Nongünz.
- Beautifully crafted black and white pixel environments and characters.
- Hundreds of levels plagued with dozens of differents enemies.
- Many weapons, items and equipment to unlock and master.
- The potential to change your perception about existence, violence and mankind.
- New for the Doppelganger Edition! Join forces with your double in Local Co-op mode.
- New for the Doppelganger Edition! Survive an eternity of enemies in Arena mode.
Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition launches Q3 2020 for Windows PC, Linux, Mac (all via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.