Today’s Niche Spotlight is Rebel Inc: Escalation, a political and military strategy game by Ndemic Creations that recently left Early Access.
Loosely based on the war in Afghanistan, Rebel Inc: Escalation tasks players with the messy job of stabilizing a war-torn nation after the war is “over.” Carefully balance political and military strategy to simultaneously win over the civilian population, and deal with an ongoing insurgency.
Stabilize 8 regions using unique governors with their own playstyles and tactics. In addition to a solo campaign, Rebel Inc: Escalation also includes cooperative and competitive multiplayer, as well as a scenario editor with full Steam Workshop integration.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Rebel Inc: Escalation is available on Windows PC, and Mac (via Steam) for $14.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
CAN YOU STOP THE INSURGENCY?
From the creator of ‘Plague Inc: Evolved’ comes a unique and deeply engaging political/military strategic simulation.
In Rebel Inc: Escalation, the war is ‘over’ – but we all know that doesn’t mean anything. In order to stabilise a war-torn country, you need to balance competing military and civilian priorities to win the hearts and minds of the people, whilst also stopping a deadly insurgency from seizing power!
Following on from the global mega hit ‘Plague Inc.’ with over 160 million players, Rebel Inc: Escalation offers a deeply engaging, strategic challenge inspired by the complexities and consequences of modern counter insurgency. It has received acclaim from international development experts and was even featured at a major international peace conference!
- 8 regions to stabilise – Deploy to wildly different strategic environments, including the gentle farms of ‘Saffron Fields’, or the impenetrable forests of ‘Distant Steppe’. Work to defend the ‘Azure Dam’ from the Insurgency, or develop unique new strategies to counter the drug trade in ‘Opium Fields’.
- 8 unique governors – Each one with radical new abilities to master. Choose the ‘Economist’ to receive an entire year’s income in one go or the ‘Warlord’ to train a personal militia. Field an army of heavy armour with the ‘Tank Commander’, or tap into the black-market with the ‘Smuggler’.
- Hyper-realistic – Inspired by Afghanistan, the simulation is highly detailed, containing real world development initiatives and an innovative representation of counter insurgency tactics. It has been praised by the World Bank and was even featured at a major international peace conference.
- Campaign Mode – Conduct large-scale operations across multiple regions. Carefully manage resources and choose unique upgrades in a persistent world with 150+ Player Tactics, Map Features and Insurgent Tactics to radically mix up gameplay!
- Vs Multiplayer – Take control of the Insurgency to try and topple the government in your opponent’s Region, whilst trying to stabilise your own! Dynamically scaling difficulty ensures that players of different skill levels can have a good, challenging game.
- Co-Op Multiplayer – Work together to simultaneously stabilise two separate Regions, sending soldiers and resources to your partner to achieve your goals. Or jump into a Co-Op Campaign of escalating difficulty.
- Challenge Mode – Compete against the Steam Community on randomised Weekly Challenges, including an extra hard mode for the best of the best.
- Custom Scenarios & Scenario Creator – Explore a world of fresh new ways to play with official and community created Scenarios, or develop your own share them with other players via Steam Workshop. Who said Nation Building was hard?
- Advanced civilian and military AI – Sophisticated narrative algorithms model the needs of local populations, while deadly insurgent attacks put constant pressure on your operation.
- Gorgeous Graphics – Stabilise a beautifully rendered 3D world that responds to your actions and thrives as you provide jobs and services. Drone cams and civilian TV channels bring your operation to life and show you what’s happening on the ground.
Rebel Inc: Escalation builds on the original critically acclaimed gameplay of Rebel Inc. with multiple significant, all-new features, enhanced music, improved 3D graphics for PC/Mac, online multiplayer and steam workshop support.
An important note: Although a fictional game, Rebel Inc. looks at important real world issues and we have made every effort to deal with them sensitively. The game has been extensively researched and has been developed in cooperation with leading regional politicians, business people and journalists as well as international charities, experts and governments.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!