Today’s Niche Spotlight is Loot River, a puzzle-based dungeon crawling action-roguelite by straka.studio and SUPERHOT PRESENTS.
In Loot River, players will navigate a procedurally generated river full of floating abandoned ruins teeming with monsters. Like most dungeon crawlers, you’ll scavenge for powerful weapons and armor, and further upgrade your character with new spells and abilities as you progress.
The puzzle elements in Loot River come in the form of a mysterious ancient artifact that lets you manipulate the ground beneath your feet. This means that you can move pieces of the ruins around like Tetris-style blocks to reach new areas, avoid enemy attack patterns, or make a quick getaway when things get too dangerous.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Loot River is available on Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S for $24.99.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Transform the world
Set in a series of procedurally generated labyrinths, Loot River is a dungeon crawling action roguelike that combines tense, real-time combat and dark fantasy settings with spatial block-shifting.
Defeat bestial abominations
Armed with the power of the Relic, players can shift the ground beneath them, sliding floating ruins together in a series of tile puzzles. As players venture through these endless catacombs, they’ll encounter beasts, lost travelers, and bosses. These cosmic grottos offer a wealth of new weapons and gear to discover, as well as unholy knowledge to unearth for permanent upgrades.
- Slide ruins of an old dungeon to defeat your foes
- Forge your path through ancient abandoned fortress
- Meet horrifying beast from alternate realities, as well as other wandering nomads
- Wake up in a parallel universe after each death – navigate through thousands of unique, yet familiar dungeons
- Defeat enemies your way – unlock many different abilities, items and weapons, each with unique look, animations, powers, and style
- Gain knowledge and experience, level up, and defeat powerful bosses
- Immerse yourself in a beautiful, hand drawn, pixel art with fluid animations, real time 3D shadows, and astonishing water simulation
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!