Today’s Niche Spotlight is Cartel Tycoon, a narco trade management sim by Moon Moose and tinyBuild that recently left Early Access.
Cartel Tycoon is about managing a budding narcotics empire in 1980s Latin America very loosely inspired by the real drug war of the era. Grow your criminal enterprise by expanding your supply chains, hiring capos and enforcers, and shipping goods across the globe. Be prepared to defend your turf from rival cartels, local authorities, and even foreign interference by the CIA.
You can find the launch trailer for Cartel Tycoon below:
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Set in the fictionalized ’80s Latin America, Cartel Tycoon tells the story of a time when the cocaine took over first the US, and then the whole world. Ridiculously rich drug kingpins rule over glorious empires, creating thousands of jobs. But a maelstrom of violence threatens this criminal underworld from within.
GROW YOUR PROFITS!
Build an empire of drug production and smuggling chains while managing rogue lieutenants, state authorities, and public opinion.
ESTABLISH. EXPAND. EXTINGUISH.
Rival gangs, the DEA, army and even the CIA all threaten your growing business. Death is inevitable, but not the end. When you die (it never really ends well for drug lords), crown your successor, and build your empire from the ruins all over again.
DEFEND YOUR BUSINESS!
In Cartel Tycoon, failure is inevitable and violence begets more violence — but for the cunning kingpin, unimaginable profits await.
Play a variety of modes
Story mode for those looking to dive into tens of hours of rich narrative within the game’s world. Hardcore permadeath Survival mode for those looking for a challenge. And a highly customizable Sandbox mode for those looking to play by their own rules!
BE LOVED, OR FEARED!
- Grow your empire. Develop your humble farming operation into a massive logistical system comprising plantations, laboratories, aerodromes, and more.
- Reign your way. Tycoon action on an epic scale with dozens of upgrade paths and endless strategic combinations.
- Death is inevitable. When your capo falls, promote one of your unique lieutenants to take control and continue growing your cartel.
- Everything – and everyone – has a price. Launder your hard-earned cash to develop your empire, maintain your lieutenants’ allegiance, and bribe corrupt politicians.
- Defend what’s yours. Evade the authorities and square off against rival cartels on the path to profit.
- Endless replayability. Explore a dynamic narrative system with dozens of unique characters combined with limitless sandbox gameplay.
- Play a variety of modes. Story mode for those looking to dive into tens of hours of rich narrative within the game’s world. Hardcore permadeath Survival mode for those looking for a challenge. And a highly customizable Sandbox mode for those looking to play by their own rules!
Featuring an original soundtrack that captures the era with psychedelic and Latin American influences.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!