30XX is a 2D action platformer heavily inspired by the Mega Man X series, but with a roguelike twist.
It features stunning visuals in addition to really tight gameplay and two very different characters to choose from, as well as co-op.
You can read more about the game below:
Jump, shoot, and slash your way through 30XX, the roguelike action platformer you can play with a friend! Explore lush, ever-changing worlds that mix precise platforming with fevered combat. Destroy fearsome Guardians. Master unique Powers. Rediscover the thousand years we’ve lost.
The Year is…
30XX combines the crisp controls and fluid movement you love from action platformers like Mega Man X, the replayability of a modern Roguelike (Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Dead Cells, etc) and co-op play into a single gorgeous package.
Awaken a thousand years after 20XX to realize the world that needed you is gone, changed irreversibly by the advent of the Synthetic Mind and a human race that’s lost the will to reach for the stars. Explore the lush, verdant prison our world has become, and fight to save what remains.
Rise. Fight. Fall. Adapt. There’s a sublime meaning in this endless cycle, somewhere, buried deep.
- Pulse-pounding action, precise platforming, and beautiful spritework
- Characters with fully distinct playstyles – master Ace’s swift, combo-friendly Techniques and Nina’s intricate Power Fusion system for even more replayability
- A fresh new set of levels, items, and powers every time you play – 30XX is never the same game twice!
- Roguelike-style progression that lets you tune the game’s systems and difficulty as you play, even after you win
- A robust level editor – the same tools the developers use! – that lets you build single level chunks or entire custom campaigns
- Local and online multiplayer, so you can enjoy 30XX with a friend
30XX also has an entire level maker accessible to players, meaning that you can let your creativity roam free.
The screenshots in this post really don’t do the game justice, 30XX is gorgeous in motion, and has some of the nicest stages I’ve seen in a while.
30XX is available on Microsoft Windows (through Steam), with a Nintendo Switch port soon to come.
If you are a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!