Publisher SNK Corporation and developers Dotemu and Leikir Studio have announced Metal Slug Tactics.
The new tactical-strategy spinoff is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) but has no set release date yet.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Metal Slug Tactics reunites Marco, Eri, Fio, and Tarma as they lead the Peregrine Falcon Squad into a new battlefield through dynamic, strategic combat. Players wield classic METAL SLUG weaponry, leveraging skill trees, perks, and a super attack-fueling adrenaline system to outwit and demolish flanks of the series’ signature villains.
Metal Slug Tactics’ challenging missions build levels from different combinations of hand-crafted terrain tiles, keeping battle layouts unpredictable and ensuring clashes are won through calculated strategy rather than memorization. Roguelite elements make missions highly replayable and victories feel truly earned, but should a cunning squad or fiendish boss persevere, rounds are quick to jump back into.
Paired with gorgeous pixel art and fluid animation which faithfully channels the series’ timeless aesthetic, Metal Slug Tactics is a natural extension of METAL SLUG’s beloved visuals. Each mission’s heated battle is energized through original music by Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania, League of Legends, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, and Streets of Rage 4’s Mr. X Nightmare DLC among other titles). Metal Slug Tactics is both a respectful homage to an all-time classic and an imaginative new way to celebrate the renowned series.
- Discover the first tactical RPG of the METAL SLUG Series
- Experience huge replayability with procedurally generated missions layout
- Enjoy amazing pixel-art graphics respectful of the series
- Face challenging die and retry mechanics with your squad
- Challenge iconic bosses from the METAL SLUG series
- Choose between iconics brothers-in-arms to create the perfect team
- Find the best combos to beat your enemies in epic battles