Fans of the classic survival horror games of the 90s and early 2000s can rejoice as there is a new title coming out that carries on the tradition – Loggerhead.
Indie developer Affordable_Cat said Loggerhead is slated for a “when it’s ready” 2023 release on PC (via Steam). It comes complete with fixed camera angles, challenging puzzles, and limited resources.
Loggerhead will feature two playable characters each with their own unique abilities and endings. It is designed to be a throwback to the old school slashers of the 70s and 80s like Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Loggerhead is a classic Survival Horror Experience featuring a retro stylistic aesthetic, choice of two playable characters, fixed camera angles, tank controls and classic puzzle solving. Fans of the original survival horror classics such as Silent Hill and Resident Evil will feel right at home sweet home. Through exploration you will uncover the dark history of Boggarogga Creek a condemned remote Australian camping ground which offers a diverse range of encounters and locations.
In 1985 a string of unsolved murders at Boggarogga Creek has left the locals in fear. The government closes the camp site area, but one year later, many avid fishermen still use the site despite the closure. When Daryl and Tracey are invited to spend the weekend camping, they find themselves trapped by horrors from the past and must bravely uncover the grizzly truth.
Will you survive the night in Boggarogga Creek before the Loggerheads hunt you down?
- Explore the Boggarogga Creek Campsite – The Boggarogga Creek campsite features multiple locations to explore
- Find supplies and items to uncover the story – Find items to access new areas and scavenge your environment for scarce supplies and ammunition. Like all true survival horror resources are limited so every bullet counts.
- Battle the relentless Loggerheads – Fight for your life against the relentless un-dead and unholy Ol’ Timey Loggers. A range of challenging and varied enemies await your arrival
- Solve challenging puzzles – Discover artifacts and clues to solve challenging puzzles and discover the horrible truth buried below.
- Choose from two playable characters – Play as either Daryrl (Dazza) or Tracey (Trace) each character has different abilities and alternative endings.