THQ Nordic have announced the release date for the Fatesworn expansion DLC for action RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer. Use NICHE at checkout for any singular product for 11% off.
The Fatesworn DLC will launch December 14th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for SRP $19.99 USD (€19.99 EUR, £17.99 GBP). The Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fate Edition including the base game and DLC will be available for SRP $54.99 USD (€54.99 EUR, £47.99).
As previously reported, the game is a remake of the 2012 action RPG by Big Huge Games and 38 Studios. Now with developers Big Huge Games and KAIKO, players delve into the world written by R.A. Salvatore with all its DLC. This will also include new DLC with the new Fatesworn DLC.
The press release states the new DLC takes place after the Crystal War. Rumors have begun to spread of a new threat, rising in the far west, the icy lands of Mithros. It claims Telogrus- the God of Chaos- has awoken, and is gathering followers to throw the whole world into turmoil.
Players will find a brand new storyline, environments, quests, missions, Chaos Realm dungeons all over Amalur, the new Chaos gameplay mechanic, weapons, armor, enemies, and more. The level-cap will also be raised to 50, and will feature a soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Grabbed by the Ghoulies).
You can find the release date trailer and screenshots below.
You can find the rundown (via the press release) below.
Journey to a brand new Amalur environment filled with snowy tundras, deep caverns, and treacherous enemies, and visit mountain villages and the ancient lakeside city of Crownhold. Master the unstable power of Chaos with a unique new non-combat Skill tree and class of weapons and armor. As the fabled Fatesworn, you will wage a last battle against the Niskaru and their Chaos brethren, as procedurally generated Chaos dungeons turn every region in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning into a potential battlefield.
- Set in a completely new environment called Mithros featuring mountains and snowy landscape
- Face the God of Chaos in 6h+ Main quest with a compelling storyline that concludes the game, featuring new and returning characters
- “Chaos” as a completely new gameplay mechanic connected to weapons, enemies, rifts, and portals
- Level cap raised to 50
- The journey takes you to 2 entirely new dungeon sets
- Enter Chaos Portals to explore 25 brand new Chaos Realm dungeons strewn across the Fatesworn world and the old world
- New enemies and variations of existing enemies
- New crafting items for weapons, gems, potions with new reagents and components
- 6 new unique armor sets with very special and powerful traits
- 21 new weapons and shields (9 chaos weapons, 15 unique)
- New accessories like rings and amulets with powerful traits
- New music by award-winning composer Grant Kirkhope
- A new mysterious trader selling equipment lottery boxes, offering a new way to complete rare item sets
- New twist of fate cards
- Tons of new sidequests task quests and faction quests to fulfill
- New villages and cities, with new houses and interiors and much more