2D shooter Gunbrella is making its way to the Nintendo Switch and Windows PC. The game was announced during the recent Indie World Showcase on May 11th.
In Gunbrella players are a rootin’ tootin’ and nameless “gruff woodsman” armed with a simple weapon: the titular Gunbrella. It shoots bullets, it can deflect bullets like it does rain, and you can catch the wind with it to get a little height and speed. It does it all.
Set in a noir-punk world with Great Depression aesthetics, players will be running and gunning their way through baddies, exploring sprawling stages, and finding collectibles. You can find the announcement trailer here.
Gunbrella is a noir-punk action-adventure set in a world dependent on a rapidly diminishing natural resource. Players take the role of a gruff woodsman on a quest for revenge, armed with the mysterious Gunbrella: a firearm that doubles as an umbrella. His investigation becomes entangled with the inner workings of ghouls and gangsters, cops and cutlists, and the fallout of corporate exploitation.
- Engage in side-scrolling action combat with a focus on maneuverability and close-quarters gunplay. Your gun is also a movement tool. Use the umbrella to glide, swing, dash, and dive
- Interrogate and speak to a cast of bizarre characters. What you learn is recorded in your investigative notebook
- Manage your resources. Find scrap and spare parts to trade for different munitions and upgrades.
- Explore various locations from a small town menaced by cult kidnappings, to a junkyard-turned-fortress ruled by a trash gang, and maybe even the mythical city of Avalon, where it’s rumored that you can still see the sky.
- Uncover the mysteries of the supernatural as wraiths and monstrosities materialize in places where blood has been shed…
Gunbrella is the latest title from publisher Devolver Digital, who have published indie hits like Loop Hero, Inscryption, and Weird West.
Gunbrella is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch.