Publisher and developer CyberConnect2 have announced a release window and platforms for Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2.
Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 is launching sometime in 2023 for Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 – news confirmed in the latest Famitsu (via Ryokutya2089). Here’s some tidbits from the magazine:
The new sequel will have an improved battle system, enabling more strategic combat, where new weapons have been introduced. There’s also improved controls during battle, allowing for speedy and intuitive tactics (turbo mode is there from the beginning).
Furthermore, the game includes more flexible route branching, support for airships, and the technology of airships has been developed due to the division of the continent, and their range has been broadened to include absorption of enemies and supply of goods.
There’s also a new judgment system in which choices affect the story. The storyline and relationships between characters will change as a result of the choices made throughout the game.
Interviews with development staff confirm some more fine details, with some SPOILERS from the original game:
- Development is 60% complete.
- The game was originally conceived as a trilogy.
- The story is set one year after the true ending of the previous game, so everyone is still alive.
- In-game items can be purchased with money.
- There is a benefit with the save data of the previous work and the data of the True End.
- A two-barreled soul cannon? …That’s all I can say at this point.
- The revenge element is in full swing.
- The story will proceed with Malt as the main character.
- The volume of the scenario is doubled.
The original Melodies of Steel has been available on Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store and Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. In case you missed it, you can find our thorough review on the game here.