Publisher Tripwire Presents and developer Torn Banner Studios have announced Chivalry 2 gets playable druids and more in its new House Aberfell update.
While Chivalry 2 gets playable druids, the new update also adds a related new map – Raid on Aberfell, alongside weaponized bees, a hog hoarding mechanic, and other additions like new weapons and armor.
Here’s the key details for the new update:
- The Raid on Aberfell: Experience the ultimate medieval battlefield and the chaos of combat in this large-scale 64-player Team Objective map that finds the Agatha Knights invading the birth land of the Mason Order’s King Malric. Attacking players are charged with sacking the village, destroying the Mason Order’s towering obelisks, and purging the heretical Druids from the land as defending players fight back every step of the way.
- New Playable Character – Druids: The Raid of Aberfell map features playable Druids charged with defending the Mason Order’s ancient stones. Armed with powerful staff melee weapons, the top scoring players will be granted control of the Druids as the Order’s last line of defense against the Agatha offensive. Druids appear with a variety of new helmets, including the Goat, Wild Pig, Deer, and Eagle.
- New Gameplay – Hog Hoarding: As part of the sacking of the village of Aberfell, attacking players will join forces to… steal pigs! Capture livestock and peasants by carrying them on your shoulder to deny Mason Order’s access to food and labor.
- New Gameplay – Bees: For the first time in the history of the Chivalry franchise, players can look forward to the introduction of weaponized bees. While exploring the new Raid on Aberfell Team Objective map, be sure to keep an eye out for oversized beehives. Players looking to create some buzz can pick-up these bee bombs and throw them at enemies, unleashing a swarm of stinging insects that cause area of effect damage.
- New Weapons – Highland Sword: The Highland Sword is a massive, unwieldy beast of a blade that will butcher foes and send others running for the hills. Complete with new animations, weapon values, and special attack, the Highland Sword for the Vanguard class can be further customized with new Giant Claymore and Executioner sword skins.
- New Armory Items: In addition, players can look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics in the Armory, including the Agatha Gallowglass Armor and Mason Clan Armor, War Club – Shepherd Staff skin, Falchion – Chopper skin, Messer – Dacian Sword skin, Great Sword – Claymore skin, 10 new Face paints, and more!
Here’s a new trailer:
Chivalry 2 has been available for Windows PC via the Epic Games Store, and it has console releases planned for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 sometime later.