Publisher Armor Games Studios and developer Webbysoft announced a release window for BIlkins’ Folly, their upcoming pixelated adventure game.
Bilkins’ Folly is launching sometime later in 2023 on Windows PC (via Steam) and newly announced console ports on Switch, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Bilkins’ Folly follows treasure-hunter Percival “Percy” Bilkins and his canine best friend Drayton on a quest to find their missing family, who mysteriously vanished years ago without a trace. A rogue wave leaves the pair stranded, shipless, and very sandy. With their mission derailed, Percy and Drayton set their sights on procuring a new ship, reuniting with their trusty crew, and getting back on track. Nothing is ever that simple though, is it?
In this swashbuckling narrative adventure, explore gorgeous islands drenched in history and mystery, meet the regions’ quirky inhabitants, and use your cartography skills to map out sites to dig for riches. A dog is always your biggest asset, and Drayton is no different; as your bond with Percy’s pup grows, he’ll learn new tricks to open up untrodden paths, solve puzzles, and help you in your quest to find your family and unearth deeply buried secrets.
- Expand your ship’s crew by recruiting aspiring sailors to join your ranks.
- Socialize with the many inhabitants of the islands—but keep in mind they’ll remember how you treat them.
- X marks the spot! Customize your map to work for you by drawing lines and placing icons to aid you in your treasure-hunting escapades.
- Fish for interesting sea creatures and record your findings in your journal.
- Enter treasure-hunting competitions to earn trophies and bragging rights.
- Pick locks, herd sheep, and more in charming minigames.