Independent developer Studio Wildcard has released a new update for ARK: Survival Evolved to prep it for running on Xbox Series X.
The new version 802.9 update is now available for the Xbox One version of the game, introducing “major enhancements” for when the game can be played on the new Xbox Series X hardware.
Here’s a list of the upgrades for Xbox Series X:
- 4K Output at 30-60 FPS
- Extreme Draw/LOD Distance (Higher than PC)
- Extreme Level Streaming Distance (Higher than PC)
- Epic Sky & Atmospherics Quality
- Epic Subsurface Scattering Quality
- Infinite-Range High Precision Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Max Texture Resolution
- 16x Anisotropic Filtering
- Infinite-Range Distance Field Shadows
- Terrain Self-Shadowing
- Epic Dynamic Shadow Quality
- Epic Ground Clutter Distance
- High-Precision HDR Output
- Epic Postprocessing Quality
- Tetherless Non-Dedicated Hosting
- Tetherless Splitscreen
- 100-player Dedicated Server Hosting
- Splitscreen Multiplayer uses Epic Graphics Settings
- 7x Faster Loading
Here’s a new trailer:
ARK: Survival Evolved is currently available for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux (via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store), PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. A Stadia version is planned for early 2021.