Analogue have announced the Analogue Duo, a new retro console that can play “nearly every NEC system and game format;” including TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine.
Launching in 2021 in limited qualities for $199 USD, the new console (available in gray or black) and can play TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine, SuperGrafx, TurboGrafx CD, PC Engine CD-ROM², and Super Arcade CD-ROM² games. These are all played at 1080p with “zero lag.”
The games in question are also the original cartridge and CDs. The system will also support FPGA development (Field-Programmable Gate Array) via an Altera Cyclone V. This is designed for accuracy.
“Unlike the knock off and emulation systems that riddle the market today,” Analogue explains, “you’ll be experiencing the entire NEC era free of compromises. Duo is designed to preserve video game history, with the respect it deserves.”
Along with supporting a Bluetooth and 2.4g for wireless controllers, wired controllers are supported via the original-style port and USB ports. It should be noted the system does not come with its own controller. Under Technical Specifications, the 8BitDo TG16 Gamepad is listed.
You can find the full technical specifications below.
- HuCARDS & TURBOCHIP, CD-ROM², SUPER CD-ROM², ARCADE CD-ROM²
- Region Free
- Worldwide Compatibility (PSU: 50-60hz, 100-240 volts)
- HDMI 1080p/720p/480p
- NTSC & PAL Support
- Lag free, zero signal degradation
- 48KHz 16 bit
- Digital audio via HDMI
- Headphone jack, 3.5mm with volume wheel
- Original-style hucard/turbochip cartridge slot
- Original-style TurboGrafx-16 controller port
- CD-ROM drive
- 2x USB for wired controllers and accessories
- SD card firmware updating [via Duo’s SD card slot]
- Bluetooth, 2.4g and 2 USB inputs
- Scanline options
- Scaler options
- Horizontal position adjust
- Horizontal stretch
- Vertical position stretch
- & more
8BitDo TG16 Gamepad w/ 2.4g wireless receiver
- 20hr Battery Life
- Auto sleep mode after 15min
- Lag free
- Includes 2.4g wireless receiver (not required for use with Duo)
- 138mm length
- 168mm wide
- 47mm high
What’s In The Box?
Analogue Duo • HDMI Cable • USB Cable
Worldwide USB Power Supply [100-240v, 50/60hz, USA/JPN plug-type]
In addition, the Analogue Pocket will soon support TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine & SuperGrafx games in 2021 (for $29.99 USD). It is unclear if this means a new version of the Analogue Pocket, or an update coming to existing systems.