We’ve learned of some sad news (via Persona Central) that the Shin Megami Tensei MMO, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine, will be shutting it’s doors after 9 years of service.
The reason for the shutting down of the game is simply that they cannot continue to provide the players a consistent and satisfying experience.
The shutting down process will be held between March 11th to June 30th, where they will slowly begin to shut down services and to refund any unconsumed CP, which is an in game currency that was bought with real world money.
The full schedule is as follows:
- March 11 at 16:00: End of new account registrations.
- March 15 at 10:00: “Refund application” of unconsumed CP start being accepted.
- March 15 at 11:00: “Certified Net cafe services” end.
- March 23 at 13:00: CP purchases will no longer be accepted, with the end of the payment service.
- May 24 at 11:00: “Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE” end of service.
- May 24 at 11:00: CP will no longer be able to be used.
- May 31 at 11:00: “Refund application” for unconsumed CP ends.
- May 31 at 11:00: Refunds for unconsumed CP from the members who applied starts.
- June 7 at 16:00: Support for the game ends.
- June 28 at 16:00: Personal relations for the game ends.
- June 30 at 18:00: Unconsumed CP refunds are complete.
It’s worth mentioning that this is not for the English release of the game, as that was shutdown two years earlier on February 28th, 2014.