Developer miHoYo has announced romance-detective adventure otome game Tears of Themis for smartphones.
Tears of Themis has a general summer 2021 release window for both iOS and Android devices, and a closed beta is set to run from May 8th to the 18th. Sign-ups for the closed beta are available over on the official Tears of Themis website, until May 6th.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
Simplified Chinese Voices
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its official website:
Stellis, a city that rose from the clash of civilizations.
Modern tech has given it its radiant neon lights but also cast long shadows of obscurity. Lately, there has been an abnormal increase in the number of mental illness cases as well as incidents that threaten Stellis’ social security.
Many gentle and good people of Stellis have somehow grown violent and volatile.
These incidents may have been recorded, but they are often drowned out in a flood of data.
Yet someone took notice of them and compiled them for detailed analysis…
Codenamed “X-NOTE”, the project aims to peel away layers of obscuring data and reveal the hidden truth beneath.
When all is put on the scales of the law before Lady Justice, you will be the one to weigh their crimes in the balance.
- Romance x Suspense – As a new attorney at law, how will you solve a series of mysterious cases? Which of the four unique male leads is your destiny?
- Character Stories – Weave your love stories with the man of your dreams. It could be a dream date at the amusement park… or a heart-pumping firefight for survival.
- Video Messages – He is always just a call away. Never miss a beat from him, be it a simply text message or an eager video call.
- Detective Work – Reveal hidden details via interrogation and inspection. Gather physical evidence from the crime scene in 3D. Cross-examine and connect clues to uncover the truth.
- Court Trial – Settle a variety of cases in the court of justice, but they all seam to be connected to a conspiracy… Carefully choose your evidence to grant swift justice.
Closed Beta Info
1. CB Type: Free CB test (data-non-transferable)
2. CB Platform: iOS & Android
3. CB Period: 8 MAY 12:00 – 18 MAY 19:00 (GMT+9)
4. Languages: EN, JP, KR, CHS, CHT
5. For the best experience, the following system specs are recommended:
Android: 4GB+ RAM, 2GB+ storage space, Android 6.0+
iOS: iPhone 6S+, 1GB RAM, iOS 9.0+
6. Exclusive CB Item: You will receive an exclusive Closed-Beta Insignia for completing specific in-game tasks during the CB. The exclusive insignia can be claimed by logging onto the same account used for the CB upon the official release.
1. 20,000 players who successfully pre-registered through the Google Play or App Stores in any closed beta test region will be randomly selected to participate in the closed beta on May 7.
2. Please sign up and log in with your miHoYo account before the CB begins. During the CB period, players who have the access to the Closed Beta can use your registered miHoYo account to log into the game.
3. For GooglePlay users, please register with your GooglePlay account e-mail. For iOS users, it is recommended that you use your Apple ID e-mail.
4. E-mail instructions will be sent to the 20,000 CB users on May 7. Please be sure to provide accurate information when registering.
5. Upon receiving the notification, please follow the instructions to install the CB game client. Do not share your CB information with others. CB access will not be reissued if you were denied access due to sharing this information.
6. If you need to change your registered information, please do so before 6 MAY 12:00(GMT+9) via the sign-up website.
7. Please contact us at [email protected] if you experience any problems.