Today’s Niche Spotlight is Astrodogs, a colorful on-rails shooter by Dynamic Media Triad and Digital Tribe.
The megacorporation Woofer has gone rogue, and began invading planets across the galaxy. Fight back against Woofer’s army of starships and gigantic mechs as Kombo, the lead ace pilot of the Astrodogs mercenary group. Use slow-mo powers and an arsenal of special weapons to gain an edge in combat, and use barrel rolls to deflect lasers back at your enemies.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Astrodogs is available on Windows PC via Steam for $12.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Everything seemed to be in its place across the Galaxy until one day WOOFER, a giant corporation providing all sorts of services, went rogue and began attacking planets all over the System.
Enter ASTRODOGS, a crew of freelance bounty hunters and possibly our only hope to defeat WOOFER. Play as Kombo, the Shiba Ace Pilot and join the crew in this adventure through the stars to save all of puppydom.
Find out the mysterious reasons behind Woofer’s treason as you discover the secrets they definitely don’t want you to know!
Battle WOOFER‘s army through 10 beautiful levels made with replayability in mind.
Featuring a wide arsenal of weapons like remote controlled bombs, homing missiles, hyperbeam and parry-shield. It also has “Slow-Mo” mechanics that are sure to make every moment of the game a lot of fun.
- Choose between 4 different Special Weapons to deal with enemy groups!
- Use your Instinct to slow down time and aim perfectly!
- Roll like a barrel to deflect bullets back to your enemies!
- An immersive and exciting original soundtrack to get you ready for action!
A whole Galaxy to discover!
- Explore beautiful, varied environments as you travel through the Galaxy!
- Discover the secrets behind Woofer’s invasion!
- Unlock colors and skins for your ship by playing the game!
An awesome Cast!
- Hand-drawn characters oozing personality and dogginess.
- An evil cast of villains with unique mechs and battleships waiting to fight you!
- The Best Vibes
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!