Edge of Eternity launches June 8 for PC as the game exits Steam Early Access, publisher Dear Villagers and developer Midgar Studio have announced.
When Edge of Eternity launches it will be available for Windows PC (via Steam), bringing with it a huge update that adds 20 hours of new content and finally concludes the Japanese RPG’s story. The console versions are set to launch sometime in Q4 of 2021 across Xbox One and PlayStation 4 alongside the newly announced Xbox Series X+S and PlayStation 5 versions.
To celebrate the PC version hitting full release, the Early Access version is currently 33% off until April 13th. The game has been in early access since December of 2018.
Previously, GS2 Games confirmed they would release a physical edition for Edge of Eternity on PlayStation 4 alongside its launch, however it remains to be seen if they’ll do this for the newly announced PS5 version too.
“We’ve poured our whole heart into making Edge Of Eternity,” said Jeremy Zeler, founder of Midgar Studio. “It’s a story of epic existential battles and intimate personal dramas. I can’t wait to show it off to the world.”
“Edge of Eternity is the perfect illustration of what we want to do with Dear Villagers: discover talented studios and help them bring ambitious projects to life,” says Guillaume Jamet, VP Publishing for Dear Villagers. “What Midgar has accomplished, with a small team, is quite incredible and we are very proud to be by their side for this launch.”
Here’s a new trailer:
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield. Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion and save the world of Heryon.
Edge Of Eternity was made possible by over 4,000 fans who supported the game via a successful Kickstarter campaign. The crowdfunding was so successful that Midgard Studio was able to work with the legendary JRPG composer of Chrono Trigger, Yasunori Mitsuda. You can hear the result of that partnership in the latest trailer on the Steam Store Page.
About Edge Of Eternity:
- An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.