Today’s Niche Spotlight is Silent Sector, a top-down open world space RPG by developer Rake in Grass.
Explore the lawless frontier on the edge of known space during a great intergalactic gold rush, to find deposits of a valuable mineral called Eldorite. Negotiate with or fight against seven rival factions, all vying for control of the sector and the precious unclaimed resources within it. Choose from a selection of over 60 ships as you earn money taking odd jobs as a merchant, miner, mercenary, or adventurer.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Silent Sector is available on Windows PC via Steam for $14.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Silent Sector is an old-school open world sci-fi RPG with frenetic battles, crude humor, loose morals and cows. Created with endless love; especially for fans of space pirates, sci-fi westerns and alien encounters!
Silent Sector takes us to a remote part of the galaxy where several factions fight each other over the profits in a new gold rush – in pursuit of an extraordinarily valuable mineral called Eldorite.
Our hero comes into this Wild West universe and very quickly loses both their ship and cargo. You must find a way to repay the debt and take your revenge against Admiral Zed. This truly miserable corner of the universe offers you a chance to try your luck at becoming a successful merchant, rich miner, feared mercenary or a famous adventurer.
The main features:
- Space sim, role-playing, and quick dogfights all in one package.
- Crawl the large semi-randomly-generated open world space in over 60 unique ships.
- More guns, missiles, lasers and upgrades than you can shake a cow at.
- Help one of 7 factions destroy their rivals in a series of breathtaking quests and witness the horrible aftermath of your choices!
- Explore the mysteries of the universe and fulfill dozens of random quests and events full of crude humor.
- Enjoy an atmospheric Wild West inspired soundtrack; harmonicas included!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!