Today’s Niche Spotlight is ENCODYA, a point and click adventure game by Chaosmonger Studio and Assemble Entertainment.
ENCODYA is set in the cyberpunk dystopia of Neo-Berlin, a grim metropolis controlled by greedy and morally corrupt megacorporations. You play as Tina, a 9-year-old orphan, and SAM-53, her large robotic guardian. The duo spend their days scavenging for scraps in the city’s slums until Tina uncovers a message from her missing father. Together, they set out on a journey to fulfill his wish: to make the world a better, happier place.
Interact with the denizens of Neo-Berlin and solve puzzles by making use of Tina and SAM-53’s unique set of complimentary abilities. You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Neo Berlin 2062. Tina – a nine-year-old orphan – lives with SAM-53 – her big clumsy robot guardian –in a rooftop makeshift shelter in Neo-Berlin, a dark megalopolis controlled by corporations. Tina is an urban jungle kid, who has learned to live alone, scavenging from city dumpsters and eking out a living from scraps. Her funny robot is always with her, programmed to protect her no matter what.
One day, the little girl discovers that her father left her an important mission: to finish his plan to save the world from grayness! Tina and SAM embark on an incredible adventure across different realities full of bizarre robotic creatures and grotesque human beings. Through puzzles and exciting dialogues, they’ll find out the true meaning of being alive.
The sweetness and creativity of Studio Ghibli, the setting and atmosphere of Blade Runner and the humor and game style of Monkey Island: these are the ingredients that inspired ENCODYA, a point-and-click adventure game set in a dystopian future.
- Explore the dark cyberpunk world of ENCODYA in 2.5D with 2 playable characters.
- Over 34+ non-player characters bring the world of ENCODYA to life and provide a varied and exciting story.
- Your journey will take you to more than 100 locations where there is a lot to explore and discover.
- Special, randomly generated puzzles provide a unique gaming experience and present you with great challenges.
- The cinematic cutscenes and the futuristic art and sound design brings the story of ENCODYA alive.
- The original soundtrack, especially created for ENCODYA, makes the exciting, crackling atmosphere even more tangible.
- Professional dubbing actors lend their voices to the characters
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!