Today’s Niche Spotlight is Phoenotopia: Awakening, a 2D action-platformer by Cape Cosmic and Flyhigh Works.
You play as Gail, a simple villager that must become a hero after a strange spacecraft abducts all the adults in her quiet town. Set out for adventure and find the missing adults by delving into dangerous dungeons full of monsters, traps, and puzzles. Find hidden secrets to gather all the resources and gadgets you’ll need to complete your quest.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Phoenotopia: Awakening is available for Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch for $19.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Join Gail, a simple villager, who must heed the call for adventure when a great star ship appears in the night sky and abducts all the adults. As the new oldest member of her fragmented community, she must set out to solve this great mystery. Little does she know of the grand adventure before her, the evil lurking in the shadows, and the role she will play in the fight for Earth’s very existence!
– A narrative-driven single-player adventure filled with charming characters, vibrant towns, and dangerous dungeons.
– Over 10 different weapons & tools with which to combat enemies and solve puzzles. Fly with rocket boots! Blast with bombs! Play the flute!
– Fight against over 50 different enemy types and 12 boss encounters.
– A world brimming with secrets! Find 33 Energy Gems, 55 Heart Pieces and 111 Moonstones.
– An achievement system, with 33 badges to earn, for players seeking extra challenge and replayability.
– Over 60 original songs ranging from mellow piano and orchestra to raging synth/metal rockers and bagpipes!
– A main campaign length estimated at 30 hours of playtime. 50 hours for completionists.
Solve the great mystery of the Phoenix!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!