Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer.
TinyBuild Games have announced the Nintendo Switch release date for Cradle Games’ sci-fi action-RPG Hellpoint.
As previously reported, the game is set on the abandoned space station Irid Novo. It has been overrun by horrific interdimensional beings, after a catastrophic cosmic event called The Merge.
The station orbits around a mysterious black hole in real-time, with the station’s position altering enemy behavior, and triggering unique events and boss encounters. The game also supports drop-in, drop-out co-op.
As stated in the press release, the previously announced Nintendo Switch version now has a release date; digitally February 25th and physically the next day. A collector’s edition is also available for pre-order via Signature Edition Games.
You can find the Nintendo Switch gameplay trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via GamersGate) below:
Hellpoint is a dark and challenging action RPG set in a heavily atmospheric sci-fi universe where the line between science and occultism is blurred.
Once a pinnacle of human achievement, the Irid Novo space station has fallen. Its ruins are now overrun by cruel interdimensional entities acting as puppets of the malevolent Cosmic Gods.
You have been created by the Author, organically printed on Irid Novo and sent on a mission to find out the unholy series of events that led to the catastrophic incident known as the Merge.
Irid Novo is a massive interconnected world full of mysteries, hidden passages and secrets within secrets – all for you to explore in any order you like. More dread and shivers awaits you as you travel deeper into the darkest corner of this forsaken colony.
Mature Content Description
The developers describe the content like this:
This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work: Frequent Violence or Gore, General Mature Content
- Irid Novo is a massive interconnected world full of mysteries, hidden passages and secrets within secrets – all for you to explore in any order you like. More dread and shivers awaits you as you travel deeper into the darkest corner of this forsaken colony.
- Dozens of melee and ranged weapons and armor pieces to suit your playstyle. Every weapon has unique special abilities that unlock the more you fight with them.
- A fascinating new sci fi universe reminiscent of classic sci-fi movies, set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm and complete with a deep lore and goosebump inducing soundtrack.
- The space station orbits in real time around an ominous black hole that triggers various dynamic events such as boss appearances, horde assaults as well as modified enemy stats and positions.
- If you are struggling, ask a friend to press Start to join in a couch coop session, or call for assistance online. The entire game can be completed uninterrupted in coop. The loot is shared, and the experience of local player two is saved and not watered down.