Nintendo has released the recently unveiled fall/winter update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
The new 1.6.0 update is now available for the lifestyle simulator, worldwide, bringing with it a host of new fall and winter holiday-themed content, new holidays, new items, and more.
Nintendo also confirmed new guidelines essentially banning all political content from being hosted in the game, likely a decision after the Joe Biden 2020 US election campaign tried to host political-themed content to promote their 2020 U.S. Presidential election campaign.
Here’s a brief recap on what the update brings, via Nintendo:
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.
- This feature only transfers save data for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When necessary, please use the Nintendo Switch “Transfer Your User Data” feature as well. Learn more about save data transfer here.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
- Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is out now on Nintendo Switch. In case you missed it, you can find our review here (we recommend it!)